Friday 10 July 2015

Step Out!

if it weren't for my young one wetting her bed, i wouldnt have gone out on the terrace to get the sweeping supplies and if i hadnt gone out, i wouldnt have witnessed and felt what I did!! Blessing in disguise is an understatement as what I experienced is difficult to express in words and how could I regret missing it if I didnt actually know what I had missed(since regrettably, i cant remember experiencing something like this before)

For a second i forgot that i had come for the mop and was totally taken in by the beauty of the early morning, rehmat i would like to call it, for it was more than just beauty. A soft, caressing breeze, reddish grey sky filled with dark, rainy clouds, sky dark enough to make the trees look black instead of green! It was like an answer to a question that had been nagging me for sometime, the question being, life has become so fast and noisy that one hardly has time to comprehend, let alone absorb, enjoy or savour the beauty of a moment or a concept. We have become like a restless bug that has no time to spare for the leisurely walks, both literal and metaphorical(down the memory lane) for too much is at stake, too much is at a risk of loss if we didn't hurry and speed up and caught up with the rest. By the way, where are we all going????? It was better when tv would go off at 12, when lights would dim in the evening, when during a day there would be a time when people would have no choice but to relax, to contemplate, to reflect, to interact, to recall both fond and difficult memories, to think and question and wonder and seek. It must have been a more rewarding journey than googling!!

After cleaning up the mess, I went back outside( I had to!),my mind constantly talking to me, going against my will to just savour the moment and coming up with phrases to share the experience with you all but I seriously doubt if anyone will have the time to read through the entire blog and I can totally understand if noone doesnt! I myself have become so restless and impatient that I cant give a thorough read to a one page article without getting distracted and jumping to the next. This is madness and it is making life difficult and less enjoyable for many. The desire to know it all, to scroll down till the last story, to want to watch every show on every channel, to want to stay updated about the latest apps and gadgets, to want to know everything about everything and everyone, then measure and weigh your life against them (intentionally or unintentionally) is draining the life out of people. People may not do anything productive all day but this sheer exercise they are engaged in takes a toll on their mood, spirit and life. Living in the moment, focus, concentration and attention are becoming serious problems of the present world that may have made mindblowing technological advancements but is struggling with the basic art of focus and 'finding joys in the little things in life.'

Coming back to the morning glory, as I sat there, I felt the wind soft and cool, having a calming effect on me, sometimes you dont realize how worked up you are until you unload, how much noise there is until everything quiets down! Oh how I wished I could capture THAT feel of wind on camera but LUCKILY, everything cannot be captured; one has to step out and live it by himself and how all this made me regret having wasted such amazing time in sleep all my life. It was like a free session for relaxation and meditation, a time when the only sound is a bird chirping away, singing praises of Allah, never late for her work despite the heat or cold! The flowers were swaying gently against the wind as if a mother stroking her baby affectionately, all was calm, quiet and serene. The sky was a beautiful grey, a slight arch of the moon shining through the dark clouds. The clouds seemed to be in layers, the front layer sailing away slowly while the one at the back, still and as the front one moved, the shades changed beautifully. Cant think of what else to say except that there was magic in the air, everywhere, one could feel the vastness of the world and his own minuscule value yet wonder how gracious Allah is to have put such an amazing network of creation at work all for the service of man! Sometimes the noise is not as much outside as its inside but there is so much of it in both places that you cant distinguish one from the other and it is only when one quietens down that you can actually hear the countless voices in your head and silence each one of them down so that you can listen to the pleasurable sound of absolute silence!

I had always read about morning walks and heard how soothing the early morning breeze is (how i wish i had listened) but it wasnt until today that alhumdulillah I truly felt its beauty (Allah raheem wanted me to feel it I believe) and that has made me realize how messed up we have made our lives, staying up till late at night and waking up when all this magic is gone and then indulging into all sorts of stress while a daily relaxation and stress-relieve therapy is in session right outside our doors. we just need to step out!!!

(for once , i dont have my fb open as I write my blog:))


2 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful..!iv read the entire piece of writing...n you've literally taken me there..to the morning experience with you....love it..!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) jazak Allah.I'm inspired n honored by your patience to read through the whole piece.

    ReplyDelete